The Drill Instructor may not be shouting HO, HO, HO but rest assured, the DI/RDC is the closest thing to Santa Claus (or grinch) your recruit will see this year. The new red is green camouflage, and the favorite holiday jingle is the military cadence (left, right, left).
Celebrating the holidays in boot camp can be a challenge, but recruits can still enjoy a little cheer with some creative thinking.
📣 Holiday Schedule for postcard delivery. We do deliver on 12/25, but military base and USPS will be closed for pick-up.
|All Branches||Submit by 12/20||Delivery by Christmas|
|A/C School||Submit by 12/15||Delivery by Christmas|
|Non-Military Addresses||Submit by 12/15||Delivery by Christmas|
The traditional holiday song, The Twelve Days of Christmas, goes a little different at boot camp: On the 1st Day of boot camp, the military gave to me
- A haircut that wasn’t worth a darn
- 2nd Day, two black boots
- 3rd Day, three square meals
- 4th Day, four hats (covers)
- 5th Day, five hours of sleep
- 6th Day, six skivvy shorts
- 7th Day, seven hours of notes
- 8th Day, eight clean white hankies
- 9th Day, nine big fat blisters
- 10th Day, ten hours of marching
- 11th Day, 11 general orders
- 12th Day, 12 hours of leave
Enjoy some amazing music and some fun with the Navy Band!
If you have not sent your recruit or active-duty service member a holiday postcard I recommend you send soon through MondayDelivery.com. If you haven’t created an account I will give you your first card free.